Psalms 23:4 Even though I walk through the darkest valley] I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me.
Let’s get right into it…..A valley experience is a period of time where you feel alone (even though you are not) in your suffering or trial…. whether physically or mentally. It’s a time that is very difficult and hard to work through. It’s not death…but it can feel just as difficult emotionally to deal with.
It can be a time where you pray and you feel as if God took a trip in the galaxy and forgot to take his Blackberry….or you pray and you feel as if your prayers come back stamped…return to sender.
The valley experience is a time that:
1. You need to know and remind yourself that you are Gods child.
2. You know Gods word and His promises to you.
3. That there is a divine purpose for you being the valley.
4. You are really at a strong time in your life because the Lord is strong in your weakness.
5. You grow spiritually.
6. You learn of God’s sustaining power.
7. You learn how to walk your walk in the Lord.
8. You learn how deep your faith is and Gods further development to your faith.
9. Any doubt you may have is exposed.
10. You seek out the prayers of the righteous.
11. You need to be in church…around the saints.
12. You will find strength in your praise to God.
13. You are an example to others who know your situation and see your strength.
14. Brings you to the next level in the Lord.
15. Helps you reflect on your mountaintop experiences and reminds you of God’s power.
16. You learn patience and about waiting.
17. You learn how to be still in the Lord.
18. It’s OK to moan, groan and cry out to the Lord.
19. You will experience the comforting and healing power of the Holy Spirit over your life.
20. You will see and experience victory first hand.
Here is my personal experience with valley seasons. I really don’t enjoy being in the valley….but I’m very grateful to God for them because I know it is for my spiritual growth and I never want to remain the same place in God.
When I’m down in the valley…I feel numb spiritually…..Like I’m just going through the motions of my Christian walk. I know I’m saved, I know that I’m a child of God but…..I don’t feel all the awe and power of God at that moment…I know it…but I don’t feel it. This is why we must not always trust in feelings. Feelings and emotions have their place in our lives…without them our lives would be very difficult. We must know and trust in God’s word…..the words we have studied and hidden in our heart.
When I’m down in the valley I know it and I say to myself…come on now… not out loud….I ain’t crazy just in the valley….I say…”Girl….you are in the valley and you need to get that valley chair out of the closet and have a seat.” So I sit and I hum to myself….I might hum…It is well with my soul…or Amazing Grace. My best valley song is… His eye is on the sparrow. I can be down in that valley pit for quite some time…that’s why I get the chair. I wait until God sends down a rope and pulls me out and I walk on with a renewed spirit.
I used to yell….help…get me out of here! I can’t take it anymore. You said you wouldn’t put more on me than I can bear. God can you hear me? Are you listening? Are you to busy up there? Is your watch broken?….Yep….I really said all this stuff and more. But I have learned to get the chair out and….pray, sing and wait.
One more thing…..I want to tell you that the enemy (you know that liar satan aka the devil) will harass you like crazy. But you having studied the bible on spiritual warfare… know to have on the whole amour of God. You know how to submit yourself to the Lord and resist all his attacks on you at this difficult time. You know how to trust God to see you through…so you don’t have anything to worry about. You got this….right?…. right?…Can I get an Amen here?… Praise Him now!
Message for today: You will at some point in your life walk through the valley of the shadow of death….you may have to sit a while…but you will come out with the victory. The victory is God’s divine will and way for you to get through your valley time/ trial that He has allowed you to go through for a season (a period of time) under His watchful eye. He’s got your back…so don’t you go a stressin’ yourself out. Wait on the Lord….Wait I say on the Lord. (Read 1 Peter 5:7)