Psalms 27:8 My heart says of you, “Seek his face!” Your face, LORD, I will seek.
Exodus 33:20 But,” he said, “you cannot see my face, for no one may see me and live.”
Before you say…OK she has gone too far because nobody can see God’s face and live….give me a chance to explain. Thanks!
The bible is clear…..we can’t see God’s face and live….Why?…..because God is a spirit. Well… you say that’s no reason not to see Him….we have a spirit man inside of us too. Our spirit is contained in a body so we can’t see God’s face in this present form. The bible reveals some interesting facts about what God is like here’s one example.
Revelation 21:23 The city does not need the sun or the moon to shine on it, for the glory of God gives it light, and the Lamb is its lamp.
God is brighter than the sun. He is so bright that if we saw Him in His Holy form we would burn up in less than a second.
We cannot even imagine how bright the Glory of God is. Our Human mind just can’t comprehend this. God’s real life form and His Holiness is too awesome for a human being to be able to withstand. That’s why we have to wait until our bodies have changed forms to a glorified body…after we die of course…to see Him as He really is.
Now God has made some special up close and personal reveals of Himself to a few humans like appearing to Adam and Eve and Moses…. He was able to transform Himself into a different form so that He could communicate with people on a personal level here on earth.
So how can we see God’s face? One day I was watching Little House on the Prairie and Laura sister Mary who was blind had met a man she would later marry. Before they had their first kiss they wanted to know what each other looked like so they took turns running their fingers over each other’s face.
Knowing God is like that…if you run your fingers over His face…you will see God….I have. Not face to face in His natural form but in the spirit. We must worship Him in spirit and truth if we want to see and know Him.
How do you do this?
1. You must be born again, saved, a child of God, a Christian.
2. You need to know what the bible says about Him…about His nature.
3. You need to pray to Him.
4. You need to have fellowship with Him.
5. You must learn to hear His voice.
6. You need to meditate, be still and wait in His presence.
7. You should be able to feel His love for you.
8. You should meet Him in the secret place…prayer closet prayer.
9. You should devote time to this…not a hot minute but some uninterrupted time alone with Him.
10. You should be able to laugh, cry, and reveal your heart to Him.
11. You should be able to let Him minister to your spirit and you minister to Him.
12. You should give yourself over to the Holy Spirit and let Him lead you into your time of prayer and devotion to God.
13. You should submit and surrender all fear and anxiety about going deep in God. Let go.
14. You should trust Him with your heart and soul
15. Love Him with your mind, spirit and body.
16. You should ask Him to search your heart and be clean before Him. Repent of any sins and unforgiveness.
17. And then wait for His shekinah glory…His presence to fill you and then….reach out and rub your fingers over His face and you will see His face.
I have done this many times and as I write this tears are welling up in my eyes….because He is so beautiful….so very beautiful. His beauty takes my breath away. I’ve never seen beauty like that in my whole life. I felt the glow of His beauty on my hands. When you experience the Shekinah Glory of God….it takes away any fear at that moment. I felt like nothing could touch me or hurt me. I had so much peace and love in those moments. I didn’t want the manifestation of His presence to stop….and then…the beauty of that moment fades in the passing hours until …it’s a memory.
God doesn’t let us stay in His Shekinah Glory. This is why we must pray often because we as humans can’t maintain that part of the relationship everyday like that. It’s like staying up on the mountain top. You can’t grow there but you can go back to visit.
We need these kinds of visitations with the Lord because it develops our relationship with Him. When the difficulties of life beat us down…we have the memories of our experinces with Him. This establishes a close relationship with our Father God and it keeps us steady to the point that we can say…It is well with my soul!
Message for today: Seek the face of God…trust Him with your heart…He’s loving and gentle…He’s….your Father!
Exodus 40:34-35 Then the cloud covered the tent of meeting, and the glory of the LORD filled the tabernacle. 35 Moses could not enter the tent of meeting because the cloud had settled on it, and the glory of the LORD filled the tabernacle.
Shekinah Glory- means the Glory…dwelling or presence of God.