Years ago I would have associated Christmas with my 6 children, gifts, church and family gatherings. But now that my children are grown, I’m much older, have survived cancer and have other health issues, I feel I need to go full blast for working to build the kingdom of God. This is where my head is at in reference to everyday living and especially during Christmas time. I see Christmas as a big opportunity to serve and to witness about Jesus Christ.
Jesus humbled Himself and came to earth. So we should humble ourselves to be like Him. Matthew 20:28 just as the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give his life as a ransom for many.
Mark 9:35 Sitting down, Jesus called the Twelve and said, “Anyone who wants to be first must be the very last, and the servant of all.”
God has given me my life. I’m so grateful to have consciousness and an understanding of who God is in relation to my life. I became a Christian at around 12 years old and I became a committed Christian at 32 years old. That is when my husband and I decided to become a servants of Jesus Christ and we have not stopped in 32 years since our full commitment to serve our Lord and Savior for the Kingdom Of God.
Jesus humbled Himself to serve mankind and I will do the same as Jesus. Something though has happened to me over the years. In the beginning of my life I wanted to grow up…get married…have a family and I’ve accomplished this.
I’m very grateful for the life I have led so far but I’ve come to realize a few things over the years:
- Jesus Christ is everything to me. I am His slave. I am totally committed to following His example on how I should live my life.
- I love my husband and family…but I love God so much more and I want to serve Him for the rest of the life that He has allowed me to live.
- I live to serve others with every bit of strength I have in my body and with all resources that I have available.
- Nothing in this world has any hold on me so that I won’t want to complete God’s will for my life to serve others.
- I will stay focused on this goal and I will focus on Jesus at all times.
- I will try to become much more discerning and sensitive to the Holy Spirits leading in my life.
- Every holiday will be seen as another opportunity to serve others.
- God can call me home at any time so until then I’m going to handle God’s business. I work for the Lord!
- I will take time to worship Him and walk with God the Father, Son and Spirit all day and night.
- I will look for every opportunity to share the good news with as many people as I possibly can by any means necessary. Such as tract, blogging and just speaking to people face to face.
- I will really work on decreasing myself and increasing Jesus Christ!!!
- I will not allow myself to make my own agenda but only work on God’s agenda.
- I will make sure that God will get the Glory for all that I do.
There was a purpose for Jesus birth, there was a purpose for His life and there was a purpose for His death and resurrection.
There is a purpose for my life! I know my purpose!
- My purpose is to love God.
- My Purpose is to be like Jesus
- My purpose is to be a slave to Jesus Christ.
- My purpose is to work and build the kingdom of God.
1 Peter 2:16-17 Live as free people, but do not use your freedom as a cover-up for evil; live as God’s slaves. Treat everyone with high regard: Love the brotherhood of believers, fear God, honor the king.… THIS IS MY PURPOSE AND THE GOAL OF MY LIFE….Help me Holy Spirit!
For me, Christmas is a time to serve the master. Yes I love being with my family and sharing gifts and all… but I keep all that in check. By in check I mean some decorating, some buying gifts but I don’t overdo it. Our family’s celebration is a birthday party for Jesus.
Christmas means the King of servants Jesus Christ came and we should use this as an opportunity to reflect on our servitude and try to be of service to others.
You can apply servitude to any holiday, activity or your life in general!
Why have I taken this the topic of servitude and applied it to my Christmas message?
I feel it was all a part of God’s original plan of how and why he created us. God planned to make human mortal beings from His mind. He made us His very own children. satan was so jealous about this that he tried to stop the plan. But God had a plan for us from before satan was even created. His plan was to create children in His own image and love them deeply. God would then have them eventually reign and rule with Him forever.
satan also knew we would be able to be redeemed and he would not be. God asked Jesus to carry out this important part of His Fathers plan to have more children beside Him by humbly sacrificing Himself by coming to earth. Christmas is our opportunity to celebrate the King of servant’s being born.
We need to see Christmas as the whole plan of God for our lives. This is why I feel God didn’t give us an exact date for Jesus birthday. I believe God wants us to understand His whole prophetic plan and comprehend just how much He loves us. This doesn’t mean we downplay Christmas but we have to up play God’s entire plan for our lives.
So as this Christmas holiday is now upon us let’s honor the servant by being a servant and bless the kingdom of God.
Lord help me to be in Your holy will;
Tell me what to do today;
Lead me in Your righteousness;
Make me more like You, I pray.
Guard me against this corrupting world,
Its perverted priorities, temptations, too.
Direct my mind toward Your commands,
So I can focus my life on You.
Fill my heart with Your light and love,
So I can assist those I see in need;
With You as my role model, let me be
Like You in thought and word and deed.
By Joanna Fuchs