Sometimes we need a little refresher course on how to pray. Prayer is not complicated…but there is a way to pray that the bible reveals to us. Jesus even spoke of it when He was down here on earth. I talk to God all day long and I talk to Him like I’m standing right by Him. He accepts me talking to Him in a more familiar way because we can have that kind of relationship with Him… but I don’t always do that. For example…I’ll say…”God…do you know how much I love you? You’re the greatest Jesus. Thank you for that parking space…I was so tired.”
Most of the time I talk to God like Jesus told us to. It’s more formal and addresses Him with all the respect He deserves. Like….” Heavenly Father…I praise your Holy name….I thank you for all you’ve done for me. My daughter needs a healing in her body. I thank you for the victory…In Jesus name.
The key here is to….pray! Daily! Prayer should be as natural as breathing. . If you’re a Christian…pray! Don’t save it for going to church on Sunday or special times. If you know you have to eat then you should know you have to pray. Both are nourishment for the body.
Here are some helpful hints and scriptures:
1. In order to talk to God so that God hears your prayers you must be right with God. There is NO getting around this at all!!!!! If your heart ain’t clear…He don’t hear!
2. You must believe that God can and will answer your prayer. You must have faith. If you believe you will receive!
3. In EVERY situation Pray (talk to God), tell Him your need and then thank God for all He’s done for you and for what He will do for you. State you case and ask in faith!
4. Ask all prayer request in Jesus name. Depend on His fame and ask in His name!
5. Remember to give God all the praise. Give God all the glory and you’ll have a story.
James 5:16 Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous person is powerful and effective.
Philippians 4:6 Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.
Mathew 6:9 “This, then, is how you should pray: ‘Our Father in heaven, hallowed be your name,
Mathew 22:21 If you believe, you will receive whatever you ask for in prayer.”
John 14:13 And I will do whatever you ask in my name, so that the Father may be glorified in the Son.
How to pray if you are not a Christian
1. You can talk to the Lord but you have a limit on what He needs to hear from you. You are limited to asking for mercy. Lord have mercy before I’m put in the hearse-see!!!
2. There is one prayer that God will hear from the non-Christian. A prayer in which you ask the Lord for forgiveness…you repent of your sinful ways and believe in Jesus Christ. If You Remember Jesus….He’ll remember you!!!!
Romans 10:13 for, “Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.”
Luke 23:40-43 But the other criminal rebuked him. “Don’t you fear God,” he said, “since you are under the same sentence? 41 We are punished justly, for we are getting what our deeds deserve. But this man has done nothing wrong.” 42 Then he said, “Jesus, remember me when you come into your kingdom.” 43 Jesus answered him, “Truly I tell you, today you will be with me in paradise.”