To help myself with having a chronic illness I have a thing I put in practice and that’s having a medical tool box. In this box I have all the things that I have available for me so that I can keep hopeful and feel secure about my medical situation. This has really helped me to know I’m not without support when I see that there are things in place for me to draw on when I need to.
This tool box can also be used for spiritual purposes. God gave us EVERYTHING we need to endure in this race. How do you think people of God have made it though all these years? How do you think we have made it though extremely difficult situations without having something in our spiritual tool boxes? Can you imagine trying to building a house with no tools or having only a hammer? What is in your spiritual tool box?
These are the kinds of things I have in mine followed by the scriptures verses for them. If you know what’s in your spiritual tool box…The next time a trial comes your way you will know what help you have at your disposal and you will be less stressed about your situation and victory will be yours through Jesus Christ.
Some of the things in my spiritual toolbox:
- God’s love for me
- The whole amour of God
- The bible.
- Wise counsel
- Trust in the Lord
- Faith in God
- Hope in God
- God’s grace
1.Psalms 52:8 But I am like an olive tree flourishing in the house of God; I trust in God’s unfailing love for ever and ever. (Also 1 Peter 5:7)
2. Ephesians 6:10 Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. 11 Put on the full armor of God, so that you can take your stand against the devil’s schemes.
3. 1 Thessalonians 5:17 pray without ceasing; (1 John 5:14–15)
4. Psalms 119:105 Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light for my path.
5. Proverbs 11:14 For lack of guidance a nation falls, but victory is won through many advisers.
6. 1 John 4:1 Dear friends, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, because many false prophets have gone out into the world.
7. Proverbs 3:5 Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding;
8. Mark 11:22 Have faith in God,” Jesus answered.
9. Psalms 42:11 Why, my soul, are you downcast? Why so disturbed within me? Put your hope in God, for I will yet praise him, my Savior and my God.
10. 2 Corinthians 2:9 But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me.
Message for today: Have your box ready and filled with tools…be prepared.