My daughter works in Manhattan NY and during 9/11 our family was extremely concerned about her safety. She had to flee the city on foot like everyone else not knowing about potential dangers that might come her way. Information that the subways might be the terrorist next target was unnerving. My daughter had to go back to work eventually and I asked her how will she deal with the stress of more possible attacks. She said…” mom whatever is going to happen will happen and I have to go on living my life.”
Matthew 10:28 Do not be afraid of those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Rather, be afraid of the One who can destroy both soul and body in hell.
We cannot panic or stress out because of lifes potential dangers. We must live our lives without constant fear enveloping us. We who are Christians can achieve this because of our Father God and because of the supernatural power of the Holy Spirit. We need to keep our mind on the one who can do this in our lives and that is Jesus Christ. He is the only stress reliever I know of who can give us peace of mind, strength, hope and courage. This is a big advantage in today’s world.
Philippians 4:6-7 Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. 7 And the peace of God, which surpasses all comprehension, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
What about all the killings? Its evil in the highest form and you can trace this evilness back to satan. Then more trouble came when Adam and Eve introduced sin to this world and that manifested evil to earth.
Another reason for the evilness is the condition of a killer’s heart and mind. They have been fully consumed by pure evil and care nothing except the devil’s evil agenda to the point of not caring about their own lives or family. IF satan HAS YOUR MIND…THEN HE HAS YOU!!!. This is why it’s so important to have your mind on the right thing. This is also why evil people look evil….their eyes reveal the darkness in their heart and soul. Sin is disfiguring.
How did humanity get to this point?
- First we must refer back to the biblically predicted conditions of this world. 2 Timothy 3:1 But mark this: There will be terrible times in the last days.
- We must ponder the repercussion of the world’s rejection of the biblical laws of God.
- There has been a breakdown of morality in our society.
- Lack of evangelism and making disciples.
- Asking God for lots of things for now and not enough of praying for future generations. In other words lack of kingdom building.
- Lack of humility. Pride and arrogance also played a part too.
How do we deal with people who are evil based insane or just plain evil?
- The devil has already been defeated!!! He doesn’t win in the end he was defeated at the cross! His demise is a done deal! Evil people are Gods to deal with and us to pray about.
- Since the battle is the Lord’s we must get under His instruction and plans as what to do about the evil that is plaguing us right now. God has the way out and we should obey His word and follow His lead.
- We must repent. We must humble ourselves and submit to Gods authority.
- We must be obedient to the Lord.
- We need to Serve Him.
- We should praise and worship Him at all times even in the midst of trouble and danger.
- Study and know God’s word.
- We have to pray and intercede.
- We must love our neighbor.
- Christians have to be bold, wise and discerning following the lead of the Holy Spirit in evangelizing.
Ephesians 6: 10-13 Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. 11 Put on the full armor of God, so that you can take your stand against the devil’s schemes. 12 For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. 13 Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand.
Evil is always going to be here!!! God had a plan and that plan is filed under the name of Jesus Christ. Jesus completed God’s plan. God had a plan for us and that is filed under obedience. We need to get with God’s plan. We need to know we are under the blood and we’re covered so we can go on out into the battle and be on the front lines without fear of what man can do to us. Romans 8:31 What, then, shall we say in response to these things? If God is for us, who can be against us?
This is not a time to fear but a time of faith in God’s word no matter what. We need to encourage each other, pray together and study God’s word together and then get out in the highways and byways making disciples. The enemy is surely making his disciples!!!!!! That’s for sure!!!!
If we are not going to put God first in our lives…
If we are not going to live righteously…
If we are not going to study God’s word…
If we are not going to pray…
If we are not going to humble ourselves…..
If we are not going to submit to Jesus Christ then………………………………………….
Ephesians 6:18 And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the Lord’s people.
Fear not and have hope because…….
1 Thessalonians 4: 17 Then we who are alive and remain will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air, and so we shall always be with the Lord. 18Therefore comfort one another with these words. Remember that this is awaiting us after all is said and done! We will forever be with the Lord forever!
We can do this!!!
Hang in there!!!