When I was in labor I was like….”Oh NO! Not the excruciating pain part of this pregnancy!!!” I know what I’m talking about…I was pregnant 5 times! After that first wave of pain you’re not a happy camper. In fact I was more stressed during the 5th time when I felt the labor pains because I knew what I was getting ready to face. Although I knew that I was about to experience the great joy I really didn’t care about that in the midst of all that pain. Labor pains are the some of the worst pains I’ve ever experienced. That’s why women scream their dag gone brains out. You will yell…”MAKE IT STOP”!!!!!!
Romans 8:22 We know that the whole creation has been groaning as in the pains of childbirth right up to the present time.
Matthew 24:8 Nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom. There will be earthquakes in various places, as well as famines. These are the beginning of birth pains.
We are ALL experiencing some degree of this pain!! Earthquakes, tsunami’s, hurricanes, Tornado’s, floods, fire’s,9/11,many mass shooting, accidents, parents killing children, children killing parents, aids, rise in cancer, terrorism, racism, job loss, economic instability, viral breakouts and so on.
This is all very surreal and disturbing to us, but since these are biblical predictions that are coming to past we will have to learn how to deal with the “new normal”!!!
How do we deal with the new normal?
- We need to abide (remain, dwell) in Jesus Christ. John 15: “I am the vine; you are the branches. If you remain in me and I in you, you will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing. 6 If you do not remain in me, you are like a branch that is thrown away and withers; such branches are picked up, thrown into the fire and burned. 7 If you remain in me and my words remain in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be done for you. 8 This is to my Father’s glory, that you bear much fruit, showing yourselves to be my disciples. Unless you do this you will be swallowed up by fear and anxiety. You will become spiritually weak. You also risk not being in the right place with God and this could result in reduced blessings.
- The minute anything happens or you have a need do this: 1 Peter 5:7 Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you. Give ALL you cares, anxiety and worries over to the Lord!!! None of us are equip to deal with heavy burdens for extended periods of time without relief. God never intended that for us. Jesus is the burden bearer! If you are God’s child because you believe in Jesus Christ and His death and resurrection then you have “supernatural burden assistance“! If you’re not God’s child then you must bare suffering, pain, and heavy burdens all by yourself. You get no supernatural help, relief or comfort. Only the limited help money, a doctor, lawyer or a judge can help you with.
- Stay prayed up. That means keep up you relationship by communicating with the Lord all day and night every day. Don’t wait until something happens and then pray. God is not Aladdin…He’s not a genie in a bottle that you rub and out pops your wish.
- Don’t be scared to die! If you perish you perish because… Paul said “I am torn between the two: I desire to depart and be with Christ, which is better by far;” Philippians 1:23. When Stephen was being murdered He saw a beautiful sight. Acts 7:55-56 But Stephen, full of the Holy Spirit, looked up to heaven and saw the glory of God, and Jesus standing at the right hand of God. 56 “Look,” he said, “I see heaven open and the Son of Man standing at the right hand of God.” I think most people are afraid of being hurt or dying but I tell you the Holy Spirit is inside of you and He will be there until your time on earth is over. He will be a comfort to you even up to the very last second of your life. It seems like terror is threatening us everywhere. We should go on living our lives to the fullest because it is well with our soul. Psalms 118:6-8 6 The Lord is with me; I will not be afraid. What can mere mortals do to me? 7 The Lord is with me; he is my helper. I look in triumph on my enemies. 8 It is better to take refuge in the Lord than to trust in humans.
- Try really, really, really hard to tell others about Jesus Christ. This is the great commission from the Lord to us all. This is what God has commanded us to do. Be inventive! Be approachable! Give your testimony about what God has done for you. Have it all ready to go. Be prepared. Carry a tract, bookmark, a little cross, church bulletin or anything to hand someone. Invite acquaintances over or out for a cup of coffee. PEOPLE NEED THE LORD!!!
- Make a big effort to read your bible. Buy a new one that you can understand and relate to. There are so many good study bibles out there.
- Begin every morning with prayer for traveling mercies and safety for your whole family! I can tell you this has REALLY helped my husband and I have peace of mind every day. We have seen God do many miracles because of our morning prayers.
- Learn to stop saying why God why? Instead say….”Whoa God Whoa! (It’s ok to say whoa God LOL!) I’m like Whoa God that was something! I know you will help me with this situation!” When you get on the big rollercoaster at the park you don’t yell at the guy who turned on the ride. As terrifying as it was you just yelled “whoa!” Well sometimes life with is terrifying. Go ahead and yell out “Whoa God! This is a crazy situation but look God my hands are up in the air showing you I’m trusting you.” “I’m buckled in this wild ride and it may swing me from side to side but I know you’ll be with me all the way. Whoa!”
- Love God no matter what!!!!! Job 13:15 Though he slay me, yet will I hope in him;
- I love the serenity Prayer:
The Serenity Prayer
God grant me the serenity To accept the things I cannot change; Courage to change the things I can; And wisdom to know the difference.
Living one day at a time; Enjoying one moment at a time; Accepting hardships as the pathway to peace; Taking, as He did, this sinful world As it is, not as I would have it; Trusting that He will make all things right If I surrender to His Will; So that I may be reasonably happy in this life And supremely happy with Him Forever and ever in the next. Amen.
(Written by: Reinhold Niebuhr 1892-1971)
Philippians 4:11 I am not saying this because I am in need, for I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances.
Hang in there Ya’ll!!!