John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
Tim Tebow is the 24-year-old quarterback for the Denver Bronco’s football team and He’s a Christian who has been very public about His faith in Jesus Christ. He takes a knee and prays at times during a game. This act of prayer is now called”Tebowing.” It’s a nationally known gesture and is also known worldwide now. Many people famous and regular folks have criticized Tim for this act but many more people have cheered him on and some young people are copying his act of taking a knee in prayer. (With young people copying so many negative things people are doing…copying praying is a very positive thing to do.)
Does God need Tim Tebow to do this? No. Is God using Tim Tebow’s act of prayer? I believe positively yes. Tim Tebow is not the only person or situation to be used by God like this. In 2003 a young girl named Bethany Hamilton had her arm bitten off by a shark attack at the age of 13 years old. She too wis a Christian and has given God the glory for seeing her through her terrible ordeal. There is a book and even a movie about her story. There are many more of these types of events that have been publicized by the media pertaining to Christian faith these days.
I believe God is doing His own thing in this 21st century. He is revealing Himself through certain situations and turning them to good. He has always done this but in the last decade it’s been very public thanks to new technology like TV, the internet, Youtube, etc. He’s not causing these tragic events just to show off.…these are things that were just going to happen. The people who it happened to saw how God bought them through their distress and decided to share their story of God’s grace and mercy and God is getting the glory from their testimonies.
There are many bible stories where God used a negative situation to bring the positive…like Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego in the fiery furnace….also Daniel in the lion’s den….and Joseph and His mean brothers in that pit situation. God has gotten the glory for these events for many years….about 1,500 years before Christ to be exact.
John 3:16 has been googled so much in the past few days because of Tim Tebow. I can’t see how this can be a bad thing. The word of God has power….Isaiah 55:11 so is my word that goes out from my mouth: It will not return to me empty, but will accomplish what I desire and achieve the purpose for which I sent it.
What should we do about this Tim Tebow thing?
- We should be praying for Him because you know He is going to be under attack. The enemy hates Tim and He and his family need our prayers.
- We should be praying for those that are seeking Jesus because of what they have seen in Tim Tebows life. Souls will be saved! This is so exciting!
- We should pray that the word of God will go forth…Not just John 3:16, but that people will want to read bibles like they never did before.
- We should pray bible sales will go up and that bibles fly off the shelves and will be read!
- Prayer is needed for others to take a stand and give God glory for what God has done in their lives.
- We all need to get back to basics and study up on John 3:16 in case someone ask us to explain the hope that is within us.
- Pray for our nation and this world that the name of Jesus will not only be on people’s tongues but in their hearts…..saved!
Message for today: While Tim Tebow is out there sharing His faith…what am I doing? I’m Tebowing right now…..somebody come and help me up! All kidding aside…folks let’s…….TAKE A KNEE!